MCSD Health Services is using CareDox starting school year 2017-18!
The benefits of CareDox include:
- FERPA/HIPPA compliant- Your child's health information is kept confidential and shared only with staff who need to know for your child's safety and wellbeing.
- Health information streamlined between parent/guardian and Health Services Personnel, less more paper mail, faxing, and/or phone calls.
- Option for real-time notifications when your child visits the Health Office.
- Accurate vital information for daily and emergency use.
- Fill out your child's health profile ONCE, and update changes each year, and as needed, ensuring it is always up-to-date.
- A new and efficient tool for Health Services to utilize in the management and documentation of student health related information and events.
Health Services Guidelines and Procedures
Children should stay home if they are ill. Please DO NOT send your child to school if he/she is ill with fever (>100.0 F), a persistent/uncontrollable cough, contagious disease, a rash that has not been identified by a healthcare provider, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea. Illness Policy - Spanish Version
Medication Administration in School
Medications at school - Medicamentos en la escuela
Permission for Medication
Permission to Carry Medication (must be in grade 4 or above)
Head Lice in Schools
To view our current guidelines and procedures on head lice:
Early Childhood Centers
K-12 Schools - English
K-12 Schools - Spanish
Parent Instructions for treating head lice:
School Immunization Requirements
Early Childhood Centers - English
Early Childhood Centers - Spanish